WhatsApp is a cross-platform application, available for Android and other mobile devices that allows you exchange messages with your friends via Wi-Fi or 3G/EDGE connection.
Using WhatsApp Messenger you’ll be able to:
- Exchange messages spending no money on SMS, as WhatsApp Messenger works with the same Internet data plan used for web pages browsing and email service
- Send WhatsApp messages abroad without any additional international fees charged
- Exchange unlimited audio and video messages & images with your friends
- Message several people at a time and arrange group conversations
- Automatically know all your contacts that have WhatsApp Messenger installed or their mobile devices
- Turn the phone numbers of your contacts into their WhatsApp IDs without renaming them
- Use the WhatsApp Messenger application on several mobile devices at a time staying logged in
- Never miss incoming messages & calls, even when your phone is disconnected, discharged or turned off
WhatsApp Messenger is by far the best choice for your Android device if you don’t want to pay for SMS. During the first year you’ll be charged no fees for using WhatsApp, and it will only cost $0.99 per year to use WhatsApp after that time period.
Make sure you’ve read all the terms of your mobile fees, when you go or stay abroad, as there can be additional fees charged for roaming service.
Editors' Note: Editors' Note: To download the application, click on “Download from from mobo market”, “Get it on Google Play” or “Available on the App Store”. Clicking on the button will direct you to Mobo Market, Android Market or iTunes App Store accordingly. You need to have iTunes installed and an active iTunes account in order to download the iOS app. To download the Android app, make sure you have Google Play installed on your phone. Please note that this download may not be available in some countries.
Read the instructions about the installing and removing the app here