BBM is a messenger with some great functions. It will connect you with friends and family through instant chats, calls, picture sharing, voice notes and more. You can download the official version of BBM from BlackBerry.
Install BBM and chat with friends on Android, BlackBerry and iPhone:
- Always on and always connected
- Informs when messages have been delivered and read
- Free voice calls between BBM Contacts*
- Shares photos, files, documents, voice notes and more very promptly
- Your location can be viewed on a map by your contacts ( powered by Glympse*)
- Lets you know when contacts are typing back to your message
- Wide choice of emoji for different moods
BBM gives you a great option to control what you share:
- You are able to set up time given to your contacts to access the messages and pictures shared in a chat before it disappears from the screen.**
- You can retract a message from your BBM chat, for example if you sent it to the wrong person and don’t want them to read it*
- The application uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses. That it’s more private and secure, you always control who can contact you
- You have control over who is able to message you by 2-way opt-in option
BBM allows chatting and sharing files with many contacts at once:
You can share photos, lists, and appointments with a group of users. You can even be in one group with persons who are not in your BBM contact list. It is possible to invite multiple contacts in a chat and send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
Enjoy using BBM Channels, you can create a new channel to share your thoughts and ideas, or join current conversations about the things you are interested in. There is also a possibility to subscribe to an existing BBM channel in order to be able to join chats with your soulmates.
You can create your own BBM profile and post a profile picture, update your status to let others know how you feel.
Though BBM features are designed to delete the message or photo the recipient’s BBM chat view, the recipients can take a screenshot or use an image capture device. Also the recipient may make copies of the message prior to the message being retracted.
*Note that these features not available on Android smartphones running 2.3.x (Gingerbread)
No image added.
Editors' Note: Editors' Note: To download the application, click on “Download from from mobo market”, “Get it on Google Play” or “Available on the App Store”. Clicking on the button will direct you to Mobo Market, Android Market or iTunes App Store accordingly. You need to have iTunes installed and an active iTunes account in order to download the iOS app. To download the Android app, make sure you have Google Play installed on your phone. Please note that this download may not be available in some countries.
Read the instructions about the installing and removing the app here